Choose your eCommerce platform wisely
There are plenty of options available for selling online, and that can make choosing your platform a challenge. Rather than guessing, or making a selection based on name alone, you should aim to use the criteria we’ve highlighted here to narrow down and ultimately select the right solution for you.
To recap, we recommend taking the following factors into consideration when making your choice:
- Payment options — Above all else, make sure the platform integrates with your chosen or intended payment gateway, and can support your country’s currency (or currencies).
- Design options — Review how many free or paid designs are available, as well as the potential cost for having an external designer create one for you.
- Security — Is your platform PCI compliant? Does it offer an SSL certificate? What about additional security perks?
- Easily created content — If your store doesn’t have strong supporting content, it may suffer in Google searches. Look for a platform that allows you to easily create and manage new pages, contact forms, and on-page copywriting.
- Online support and documentation — Look for detailed documentation and support options that meet your personal preferences, like tickets, chat, or email support.
- Room to grow — Can you upgrade your plan or add new extensions as your needs change? Avoid thinking like a small store — you’ll only limit yourself.